Highlights from the visit from Patriarch John X for the Enthronement of Metropolitan Basilios
Scroll down for a full list of videos
ACOY was honoured to be part of and witness the enthronement and ordination of our Archbishop Basilios Kodseie.
On 19th of November, Archbishop Basilios was ordained in Our Lady of Balamand Patriarchal Monastery, Lebanon. Fast forward to 16th of December, and Sayenda Basilios was enthroned by his Beatitude, John X, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East in Sydney, Australia.
The Patriarch’s first public appearance was at St George Cathedral, Redfern, where our Metropolitan Basilios was enthroned. I his words:
“During my ministry as Metropolitan of Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines, I will humbly wear the crown of patience and I will lean on the staff of prayer, I will be girded with the belt of service and I will place on my chest the icon of love.”
Saturday evening vespers were held at St Mary’s Mount Pritchard (where Sayedna primarily served) followed by Matins and Liturgy on Sunday at St Nicholas Punchbowl. A celebration dinner for His Beatitude and our newly enthroned Archbishop was held on Monday night hosting approximately 1200 people at Le Montage, Lilyfield.
This involved performances of the original custodians of this land, our Archdiocese adult and Sunday school choir. The night had some great words of encouragement for Sayedna by members of Parliament, the President of St Raphael’s Mission and our very own secretary of ACOY, Merna Nino.
Words of wisdom were shared and this is just the beginning!
His Beatitude ended his trip in Melbourne and returned to the Middle East in time for Christmas. It was a blessing to witness this once in a lifetime event and celebration.
We wish Sayedna Basilios all the very best and we are looking forward to working closely with him. He has already been a great example to us over the last seven years while serving in Sydney, and we are very excited to work with him to benefit our community including; young children, youth, parishes and the future of the Antiochian Orthodox Church of Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines as a whole.
“Worthy! Mustahiq! Axios!”
Saturday, December 16th 2017 at St. George Cathedral, Redfern
HIGHLIGHTS FROM BANQUET
Monday, December 18th 2017 at La Montage, Lilyfield
- Address: Patriarch John X of Antioch and All the East address
- Address: Metropolitan Basilios (Kodseie), Metropolitan of the Antiochian Orthodox Church of Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines
- Video: Welcome to His Beatitude John X, Patriarch of Antioch and all the East
- Sunday School Choir of the NSW parishes
- Adult Choir of the NSW parishes
- Youth Representative speech from ACOY, Merna Nino
- St. Raphael Mission Presentation, Isabel Antoun
- Speech: Gladys Berejiklian, Premier of New South Wales
- Speech: Luke Foley, Leader of the State Opposition
- Indigenous Australian/ Aboriginal Happy Dance and Didgeridoo
- Polychronion for Patriarch John X of Antioch and All the East