ACOY Indoor-Soccer Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions
Dearest In Christ,
Thank you for registering for the Antiochian Christian Orthodox Youth Indoor-Sports Competition at St Marys Indoor Sports and Recreation.
We look forward to having a fantastic and blessed day together in the name of Christ. Below is some important information below that will help you make the most of your time at the competition.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All behaviour is expected to be in-line with Christ’s teachings and this will form the foundation of all rules including (but not limited to) the following:
- I understand that this competition is being run to promote fellowship amongst members of the Antiochian Orthodox Church and encourages good sportsmanship, conduct, friendliness and fairness. There will be zero tolerance for swearing, unsportsman behaviour, violence, dissent, verbal or physical abuse, intimidation, threats of violence by players and spectators.
- I understand that the referee’s call is final and that back chatting to the referee will not be tolerated.
- I understand that failure to comply with the rules of the event will result in me being disqualified from the event without a refund.
SOCCER SPECIFIC RULES
- Teams are to consist of no more than 10 players.
- Only registered players are to take the field and teams are not allowed to borrow players from other teams.
- Minimum of two girls are to be on the field at all times. Please consider this when registering your team. If a team is unable to field two girls, they will need to play with that position vacant.
- Matches will be played with unlimited interchanges, with no requirement to inform the referee of the change. Players may interchange as they wish. Only goalkeeper interchanges need to be approved by the referee. Each registered player must at least take the field once each game unless they are injured. Failure to do so will result in a point being awarded to the opposing team for each player who misses out.
- Closed in shoes must be worn while playing on the field. No studs or boots allowed since it’s an indoor field.
- Shin guards are recommended to be worn.
- A goal is awarded one point regardless of who scores it or where the shot is taken from.
- Players must wear their allocated bibs while on the field at all times.
- Each match will consist of two fifteen minute halves with a five minute half time break.
- Only balls provided on the day can be used in the competition.
- Each half will begin with kick off at the centre spot. The ball can be passed back from kick off.
- After a goal is scored, the team which conceded will be awarded possession and will kick off at the centre spot.
- No height restrictions are imposed and the ball can be bounced off the sides and back walls.
- No slide tackles are permitted. This will be an automatic send off
- In the group stages, a win is awarded 3 points, a draw 1 point for each team while a loss is awarded no points. If there is a draw at the end of the group stage, the winner will be decided on goal difference then most goals scored then head to head.
- There is no extra time or penalty shoot outs for group stage matches.
- The top two teams for the group stage matches will progres to the knockout stages.
- In the knockout stages, if after regular game play there is a draw, teams will play two five minute halves of extra time. If after this there is still a draw, it will go to penalty shoot out.
- Yellow and red cards will be strictly enforced. If a player accumulates two yellow cards over three games, they will miss a game. If they accumulate three yellow cards over the course of the day they will miss a game. If a player accumulates 5 yellow cards, they will not be allowed to play anymore games.
- If a player incurs a red card as a result of their actions, they will miss three consecutive games.
- This competition is being run to promote fellowship amongst members of the Antiochian Orthodox Church and encourages good sportsmanship, conduct, friendliness and fairness. There will be zero tolerance for swearing, unsportsman behaviour, violence, dissent, verbal or physical abuse, intimidation, threats of violence by players and spectators.
- The referee’s decision is final and persistent questioning of decisions of a referee by players and spectators will not be tolerated. Only the team captain is to approach the referee.
- The offside rule will not apply except when kicking off from the centre spot. From kick off the defending players will need to be 5 metres back from the ball.
- Free kicks will require defending players to be 5 metres from the ball.
- Only the goalkeeper is allowed in the circle when defending a penalty.
- Penalties are to be taken from the marked penalty spot.
- Goal kicks must be taken from within the goal circle by the goalkeeper or a nominated player.
- If the goalkeeper picks up the ball, they have 6 seconds to play the ball.
- An attacking player is not allowed to kick the ball out of the goalkeeper’s hands whilst they are holding the ball.
- The goalkeeper can only pick the ball up while it is in the circle and is not allowed to pick up the ball off of a back pass
Here are some contact numbers you can pass on as emergency contacts. Also feel free to contact these names ASAP if the link above doesn’t answer your questions:
- Andrew Abousleiman (Main Organiser)- 0414 970 800
- Johnathan Barhoumeh (ACOY President)- 0410 800 340
- Fr. Dn. John Daher (Assistant Clerical Advisor)- 0438 457 670
We look forward to seeing you there.
In Christ, ACOY Retreat Committee